I have recently gone back to work and plan on working until at least the 12th. My last day will be anywhere from the 12th- 19th. It has been so weird starting this school year because I am only starting to stop so soon. I have been planning and getting my classroom ready for the sub to take over. I should have things planned for school through the end of December. I am really not sure when I am going to go back. I can take 12 weeks of, but our trimester would start December 8th. I will just decide later and for now plan on going back between December 8 and January 5th. We'll see...
So, there are 16 days left until our little Madelyn's due date. Ryan thought she would be early, but now he is saying a week late because I haven't had any contractions. I feel good, but I do slow down at night. It is hard to get off the couch to go to bed. I have to admit I am starting to waddle at night and I think my overall pace has slowed down.
The doctors visits have been good. I am still losing weight because of the diet (not something I mind) and next week our doctor will starting checking my cervix... that should be fun.
Ryan and I found a pediatrician at the HB Kaiser that we really like, Dr. Wong. We had a consultation with her about three weeks ago.
Julia from Duke's put together a couples shower at Duke's a couple of weeks ago. It was in the boardroom and was so much fun. I had Ryan open all of the gifts (after all. it was a shower at his work). Afterwards some of us went to La Capilla for dinner.
We also took some Maternity pictures with one of my mom's friends- Shelly Kinkaid. I can't wait to get some of them on the wall. Here are some of my favorites, but I will print them in black and white because the color is a little scary for me.


We are all set for Madelyn and only have a couple of things I want to get done before she arrives.
1. Get the swing and all strollers put together.
2. Find a place for all the diapers.
3. Finish putting away all the clothes from the second shower.
4. Pack my bag for the hospital... I keep saying I'll do this one and don't.
5. Take back the breast pump we paid full price for after September 19th, when I have a coupon for 20% off.
6. Finish all my sub plans at school so I can leave with a good feeling. By the way I have a great long term sub which makes this easier.
7. Do something with our backyard (i.e. yard work).
Well, there should be more to come soon...
1 comment:
You look so adorable Noel! Those pictures turned out great. Ryan is going to be a cute Daddy!
Post a Comment