Okay. So Ryan and I are getting ready for little Madelyn to come in about three months. Her room is filled with our stuff we have yet to clean out, there is no paint on the walls. the crib is in the garage, there is no changing table... I could go on and on. But, last night we thought we would make some progress. We registered at Babies R Us. Was it supposed to be a fun experience. I can't remember the last time I felt that overwhelmed. I have been to the store before, but this was a whole different experience. They did provide us with that 'list' of items we should get... Have you ever taken a look at how much is on that list. not to mention we have no idea what we are doing. I did enjoy picking out my portable crib, high chair, and stroller, but I am feeling so overwhelmed I keep asking myself if I picked the right ones. We left the store without finishing because we both had to get out of there!
Today I went back online and it was easier. The 'list' was easier to follow because some genius (and I really do mean it- no sarcasm) linked each list item directly to a page full of those products. It made it way more manageable, but I don't know what I REALLY need and what I don't... So, if you have any ideas let me know. PLEASE!!!!
8 comments:
I would skip out on a changing table unless you think it adds to your decor....definatly never used mine. My babies basically lived in jammies and onsies and lots of little blankies. There were so many clothes we never even used..so don't go overboard (although it's fun!) A baby bath was a must for us, so was our bouncer that hangs between the door jam. A walker is also a must and I heard those bumbo chairs are great, but you use them for like 3 months. A Rocking chair was another thing that is nice to have. Good luck and don't get overwhelmed....you don't need everything right away. You kind of learn as you go with each stage. I am excited for you!
My must-haves and favorites?
1.Baby swing. the cradle ones are the best! They are a lifesaver for your arms! And your ears.. it always seemed to keep them happy and quiet!
2. The Miracle blanket. I dont think they had these at Babies R Us. They are amazing!!! My Ella slept so much longer with this blanket. I bought 2 more after the first week because I loved it so much. They have a website called miracle blanket.com... I think thats it.
3. The activity floor mats. My kids loved them when they were a tiny bit older... maybe 2 or 3 months. They loved to see all the fun hanging toys and they have nice music.
4. At Target they have a Baby Einstein musical toy bar. Its ocean themed and plays music. Both kids loved it in the car.
5. Bumbo... amazing!!!
6. Baby Bjorn was a lifesaver. The active back support one makes a HUGE difference and is not that much more. You'll really appreciate it as she gets a little bigger and your back doest get as sore.
7. I loved having a snap 'n go frame. You can snap your car seat into it so you never have to disturb your bay. And its really light weight and more maneuverable then the entire huge travel system. Then as she gets older you can just get a smaller and better stroller that you dont need to snap the car seat into.
I love researching baby things.. its my favorite. I spend hours researching car seats, strollers, etc. Its a sickness.
I am so excited for you guys!!!!!!
Our must haves are:
1. Boppy pillow, especially if you're nursing!
2. Exersaucer for when they get a little older. Ashlyn spent forever in hers and I'm waiting for Ainsley to get a little bigger so she can start using it.
3. Activity mat for the floor so they can reach for toys and they're great for tummy time too.
4. Burp cloths/cloth diapers for all of the spit up the first few months. I buy the thick white Gerber ones because they absorb most of it before it gets all over you.
5. Lots of onsies and sleepers. They spit up on those too so you go through them fast!
Call me if you need help or want suggestions! Hope to see you soon!
I agree about skipping the changing table unless you have tons of room and need to help organize your stuff.
1)I loved my sling carrier to carry the girls in, not sure what they are called now
2)anyone know what those reclining seats are called you can put babies in that bounce a bit? They had a metal frame and cloth covering, we used it to have the girls up on the table to feed them when they were young. I also used it when I would take a shower and they felt the need to be near me.
Hi Noel~
I found your blog from the Barns family... I love this post because this is SO how I felt but thank goodness my mom came with me.
But just a couple things I could not live without...
1. Fisher Price portable swing
2. Hooter Hider "if you are nursing"
3. Natures Touch Fisher Price swing
4. bumbo seat and tray
5. Kaylee loves the "mother bear"
Just a couple ideas... SO excited for you both.
Kara
Post a Comment