Thursday, December 27, 2007

Our First Christmas

Well, another Christmas has come and gone. Ryan and I were busy this year shoping, mailing Christmas cards, cleaning, and splitting time with both of our families. It was our first "official" Christmas together. I was in school up until the 21st, and before I knew it it was already Christmas. We spent Christams Eve at church with my parents and then went to some of the Clancy's family friends, the Thomas'. It was really fun spending time with Ryan's family and finally meeting this family I have heard so much about. We got to exchange pressents with Ryan's mom and sister (Leo and Brianne). Christmas morning Ryan and I had my parents over for brunch. It was a fabulous tradition that I hope we continue. It was really fun to be the host. Like I told Ryan, I feel it is my duty as a new wife to asserty myself domestically. Basically, this means that I like having people over and if we go to someone elses house, I have to make something homemade to take, not just something store bought (like Ryan suggested). So, Christmas morning was excellent, followed by a well needed nap on Ryan's part, and then it was off to Ryan's uncles house to hang out with Ryan's family. Overall, Christmas was wonderful and I am looking forward to the next week and a half off. Ryan and I will be off next week to visit my grandparents and aunt and uncle in Las Vegas. Everyday I tell myself I will go to the gym...there's always tomorrow.

Ryan and I had a fabulous first Christms. Before my parents came over we had our own little Christmas and exchanged gifts. I have to brag for a second. he bought me the cutest diamond necklace. We had gone to the mall together last week and I pointed out types of neckalces I liked and left him with one final thought, "just get something cute." He totally did. I love my necklace, he is such a wonderful husband.

2 comments:

regibells said...

Sound like you had a fun Christmas! Daimond necklace? That is one fine husband you got Noel. I missed seeing you this time we were in Cali. We had a good time but a lot of bouncing around from place to place. Pictures to come. We walked into a random Mcdonalds to use the rest room up in Northern CA. and Jake said "Is Noel Here?" I said no shes not and he said "This is where she was before...who is going to take me potty." It was so random but pretty funny. He thinks you are the coolest.

Autumn said...

HELLO CLANCY COUPLE! YEP I WAS BLOG HOPPING AND FOUND YOU 2 ON JILL HARVEYS (MAIDEN NAME) BLOG, TOO FUNNY! TIME TO UPDATE!!!! SEE YA AT THE DUKER!